Baked Garlic with French Bread and Goat Cheese
In addition to spreading on bread for an appetizer, roasted garlic can be squeezed out and puréed with a bit of soft butter to create garlic spread.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 heads garlic
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 loaf crusty French bread, sliced
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Make a slight cut around the circumference of each garlic head about ½" up from the base. The upper skin then peels off easily, leaving the whole head intact with each clove covered by skin.
- Set the garlic heads in a baking dish, and top each with 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, then add just enough water to film the bottom of the pan. Cover and bake another 1½ hours or until the cloves are tender.
- Serve with bread and goat cheese.