Baked Glazed Ham
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 fully cooked ham (3 lbs.)
- whole cloves
- 1 can (8 oz.) jellied cranberry sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. apple juice
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place the ham fat side up on the rack of a shallow roasting pan and score the top in a diamond-shaped pattern. Cuts should be between ⅛- and ¼" deep and about 2" apart. Insert whole cloves into the ham where the cuts intersect (that is, at the corners of the diamonds).
- In a saucepan, combine the jellied cranberry sauce, brown sugar, apple juice, cinnamon, and allspice, and bring just to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Follow the package instructions for roasting a ham. One hour before the ham will be done, begin basting with the glaze and baste every 15 minutes until done.