Baked Gluten-Free Chocolate Doughnuts
These delicious, chocolaty gluten-free treats are quick and easy to make. You will need a doughnut pan to make them. The pans are available at some kitchenware stores and online.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. arrowroot starch
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- 5 Tbsp. cocoa powder, divided
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. almond milk, divided
- ½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 bar (4 oz.) white chocolate, grated
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together rice flour, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, ¼ cup almond milk, and vinegar.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until fully combined. Spoon mixture into prepared doughnut pan. Bake 10–12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the thickest part of the doughnut comes out clean.
- Let doughnuts sit 5 minutes before turning them out onto a cooling rack.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together confectioners’ sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, butter, and 1 tablespoon almond milk until smooth. Dip cooled doughnuts into glaze and top with grated white chocolate.