Baked Goat Cheese and Cherry Appetizer
Get the party started with this delectable appetizer that combines cherries, goat cheese and almonds.
Serves: 16Prep: 15 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Raw Almonds
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Honey
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Dark Sweet Cherries, thawed or fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 10 ounces goat cheese
- Water crackers, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds on a baking sheet and toast for 5-6 minutes. Remove pan from oven, and set almonds aside into a small bowl to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine balsamic vinegar and honey. Halve any large cherries and add cherries and rosemary to bowl; stir until they are covered by the liquid. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Chop almonds on a cutting board. Set aside ½ tablespoon chopped almonds and roll goat cheese in remaining almonds. Use your hands to mix almonds into the goat cheese and form goat cheese into a disc.
- Place goat cheese in center of a pie plate. Pour cherry mixture around cheese. Sprinkle remaining almonds on top of goat cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Serve with crackers.