Marinating the fish in milk lightens the flavor and adds a touch of sweetness.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup milk
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 3 sprigs rosemary, needles only
- 1½ lbs. haddock fillets
- 1 tsp. virgin olive oil
- Mix together the milk, pepper, and half of the rosemary in a shallow bowl or pan. Place the haddock fillet into the milk mixture and let marinate for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a baking pan with half of the oil. Gently remove the fish from the marinade, drain, and place in the greased baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the fish is flaky.
- Remove the fish from the oven and let it rest 5 minutes. Cut the fish into 6 portions. Drizzle with the remaining oil and sprinkle with the remaining rosemary.