Baked Italian Cod
I like this recipe because its light, but filled with Mediterranean flavors.
Prep: 15 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 3 pounds true cod fillets
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, 16 ounces
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Wash fish, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Place in a baking dish. Combine oregano, garlic, diced tomatoes and parsley; pour over fish. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs, and drizzle olive oil over top of panko.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve.