Baked Mac and Cheese
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups milk
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 lb. Colby cheese, diced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 lb. sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Rinse, drain, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bring milk to a boil and add butter, salt, and pepper. Add Velveeta and Colby cheeses to the milk. Stir until creamy and the sauce thickens.
- Add the egg to the cooled macaroni, then add the cheese sauce; combine well.
- Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inches pan or spray with cooking spray. Layer the macaroni with Cheddar cheese. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and melted to a golden brown.