Baked Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs
No need to pull out the grill for these tasty kabobs. The chicken is marinated in a flavorful Mediterranean seasoning, paired with tasty vegetables, baked to perfection and served with a light lemon rice.
Serves: 4Prep: 1 hour 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 red onion, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- 16 ounces pineapple, cut into 1” pieces
- 8 ounces baby Bella mushrooms
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In deep dish, place chicken, paprika, thyme, cardamom, nutmeg, salt, pepper, olive oil and lime juice; toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap. Let marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Thread skewers, alternatingly, with chicken, red onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, pineapple and mushrooms.
- On baking sheet, arrange skewers; bake 20 to 25 minutes, until chicken reaches 165°F and vegetables are tender.
- In medium bowl, mix together rice, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Serve rice with kabobs. Refrigerate leftovers.