Baked Mozzarella Sticks
Mozzarella sticks are a finger-food favorite – pass around this home-baked version at your next party!
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (12 oz.) reduced-fat mozzarella string cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Marinara Pasta Sauce, warmed
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray cooking spray over foil-lined baking sheet. Remove cheese from packaging and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg until foamy.
- In a small non-stick skillet, mix Italian seasoning with breadcrumbs and place over medium heat. Cook and stir breadcrumbs for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Dip one piece of string cheese in egg and then roll in toasted breadcrumbs, coating completely. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining string cheese and place on baking sheet 1½" apart.
- Spray string cheese lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with marinara sauce.