Baked Mushroom and Fontina Risotto
Save to My Recipes
You can add so many other ingredients—cut-up cooked chicken or turkey, chopped pears or apples, and your favorite herbs.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large leaves fresh sage, ripped or cut up, or 2 tsp. dried sage, crumbled
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2½ cups gluten-free chicken broth
- ½ cup white vermouth
- 8 oz. mixed mushrooms (shiitakes, porcinis, morels, chanterelles)
- ⅓ cup grated fontina cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and the olive oil in an ovenproof casserole. Sauté the onion and garlic over a low flame until softened, about 3–4 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, sage, and rice and stir to coat. Add the broth and vermouth. Cover the rice and place in the oven.
- After the rice has cooked for 20 minutes, sauté the mushrooms in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and stir into the rice. Re-cover the casserole and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the fontina cheese.