Baked Oats with Warm Spices and Apricots
Feel free to substitute your favorite combination of dried fruit, nuts, seeds, and spices to customize this cozy breakfast treat.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3¾ cups fat-free milk
- ¼ cup shelled pumpkin seeds, toasted
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 cups sliced apricots (or 1 cup chopped dried apricots)
- Spray an 8" × 8" baking dish with nonstick spray and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the oats, milk, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt in a large bowl; stir to combine. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Top with apricots
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven until all the liquid is absorbed, about 25–30 minutes. Serve hot.