Baked Onion Rings
You can make your own cashew meal by pulsing whole raw cashews in the food processor until it reaches a coarse texture.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into rings
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup cashew meal
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Separate the full rings into individual rings. Combine coconut flour, 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, and pepper on a shallow plate. Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Combine cashew meal, remaining salt, garlic powder, and onion powder on a separate shallow plate.
- Dip each onion ring into coconut flour mixture, then egg wash, then cashew meal mixture, making sure to coat thoroughly. Place onion rings in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until browned.