Baked Oyster Sauce Chicken
Scoring the chicken thighs makes it easier for the marinade to penetrate the meat. This dish tastes delicious served with broccoli and cauliflower.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1½ tsp. sugar
- 4 Tbsp. water
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- 1½ lbs. chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- Mix dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine, sugar, water, and sesame oil. Place sauce in a plastic bag. Add chicken, shaking the bag lightly to make sure the sauce coats all the chicken. Seal the bag and place in the refrigerator. Marinate the chicken for 2–3 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the bag, reserving the sauce. Place the chicken thighs on a baking pan will raised sides so liquid doesn’t spill out, sprayed with cooking spray. Pour half of the sauce over, making sure both sides of the thighs are covered. Add the minced garlic and ginger. Bake the thighs for 15 minutes. Brush with the remaining half of the sauce and cook for another 15 minutes, or until the thighs are cooked.