Baked Oysters with Shrimp Stuffing
This recipe is perfect for those who would rather eat their oysters cooked. Always taste the liquor for saltiness. Some oysters are very salty; some are not. This is an easy recipe for a romantic dinner, or you can just add to it for a party.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 tsp. butter
- 2 small shallots, peeled and chopped
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 slices stale white bread, crumbled
- 8 raw oysters, on the half-shell, liquor reserved
- 4 medium shrimp, raw, peeled, deveined, and finely chopped
- ½ tsp. salt,
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add shallots and sauté for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add the crumbled bacon and lemon juice.
- Stir in the bread crumbs and mix in the oyster liquor. Add shrimp, salt, and pepper.
- Divide the bread and shrimp mixture among the oysters. Bake for 12–15 minutes, or until the oysters are bubbling and the topping is well browned.