Save to My Recipes
Baked peaches may be served warm or cold. You can purchase ground almonds in the bulk section of most natural food stores, or you can grind them yourself in a food processor.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour
- 4 ripe peaches
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 8 Tbsp. soft butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup ground almonds
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup white grape juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a baking dish large enough to fit 8 peach halves snugly in one layer.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits. Place peach halves, cut sides facing up, in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the lemon juice over the peaches. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream the sugar and butter together until the mixture is fluffy. Beat in the egg; stir in the almonds and bread crumbs.
- Place a scoop of the almond filling on top of each peach. Pour the white grape juice around the peaches, but not directly on them.
- Bake peaches uncovered for 45 minutes, basting with the liquid at the bottom of the pan.