Baked peaches may be served warm or cold. You can purchase ground almonds in the bulk section of most natural food stores, or you can grind them yourself in a food processor.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 4 ripe peaches
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 8 Tbsp. soft butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup ground almonds
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup white grape juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a baking dish large enough to fit 8 peach halves snugly in one layer.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits. Place peach halves, cut sides facing up, in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the lemon juice over the peaches. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream the sugar and butter together until the mixture is fluffy. Beat in the egg; stir in the almonds and bread crumbs.
- Place a scoop of the almond filling on top of each peach. Pour the white grape juice around the peaches, but not directly on them.
- Bake peaches uncovered for 45 minutes, basting with the liquid at the bottom of the pan.