Baked Pears with Crisp Nut Topping
This recipe is super flexible, so have fun with the type of fruit you use. Try peaches, plums, or apples.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 fresh pears, cored and halved
- 2 Tbsp. frozen, unsweetened pineapple juice concentrate
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. rum
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄8 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄3 firmly packed cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Treat a 9-by-12-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the pears facing up in the dish.
- In a glass measuring cup, microwave the frozen juice concentrate for 1 minute. Stir in the vanilla and rum, then pour over the pears. Using the same measuring cup, microwave the butter for 40 seconds until melted.
- Toss together the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Spread uniformly over the pears and dribble the melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the mixture is bubbling and the top is just beginning to brown. Serve hot or cold.