Baked Penne Pumpkin Alfredo
This mix-and-serve dinner is creamy, rich, and satisfying. You can add some shredded chicken or roasted pork to this dish to add some protein.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 package (16 oz.) penne pasta
- 1 jar (16 oz.) Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the dry pasta into the prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, pumpkin, cream, nutmeg, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese and stir until well combined. Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir to combine.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an addition 15 minutes, then add the remaining cheese over the top of the pasta and bake for 10 minutes, or until melted. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.