This recipe can easily be halved.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 jars (28 oz.) basil-flavored spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook the penne as directed on the package, but undercook slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, garlic, and onion, sprinkling with the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper as it cooks.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked meat mixture, penne, spaghetti sauce, and 3 cups of cheese. Transfer to a greased 9 x 13" baking dish, and sprinkle with the remaining cup of cheese. Bake 45 to 55 minutes, or until hot and bubbly in the center.