Baked Penne with Spinach & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Add some big flavor to pasta night with the slightly sweet and savory taste of sun-dried tomatoes. A touch of Greek yogurt creates a creamy and tangy sauce!
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Chobani® Plain Whole Milk Greek Yogurt
- 1⁄2 pound penne pasta
- 1⁄2 pound baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook al dente. Drain and reserve.
- In a medium sauté pan, cook spinach until wilted. Drain off all excess liquid and set aside.
- While pasta is boiling, heat olive oil and butter in a large sauce pot. Add onion and garlic. Cook over low heat until fragrant. Add flour and stir to make a paste. Add milk slowly and whisk continuously to avoid lumps. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add 1¼ cups cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Simmer sauce over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally every few minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in yogurt.
- Add pasta, reserved spinach, basil and sun-dried tomatoes to sauce and stir to coat evenly. Transfer to a large ovenproof dish and top with remaining ½ cup of cheese. Bake at 375ºF for 15 minutes and serve.