Baked Piquillo Peppers with Crabmeat Stuffing
Piquillo peppers are small, sweet, red peppers from the Navarre region of Spain. They’re roasted over a wood fire, peeled, and canned in their own juices. If you can’t find them, you can substitute roasted red bell peppers and roll them around the filling.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup soft, mild goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup softened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cooked crabmeat
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 salt
- 12 canned roasted piquillo peppers
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the goat cheese and cream cheese with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Add the crabmeat to the cheeses and stir it in gently. Stir in the parsley and salt. Set filling aside.
- Drain the peppers of excess juices. Spoon filling into each pepper, dividing it equally among the peppers, and place the stuffed peppers in a casserole dish. Refrigerate it at this point if serving later.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bring the stuffed peppers to room temperature if they have been refrigerated.
- Squeeze the lemon over the peppers and drizzle them with the olive oil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until heated through. Serve warm.