Baked Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce
The secret to this recipe is using fresh a good quality Alfredo sauce.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 oz. each)
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (8 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 2 containers (10 oz.) Alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sherry
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper on both sides
- In large skillet, melt butter with olive oil over medium heat. Add chops; brown well on first side until golden. Turn and brown on second side, about 8 to 10 minutes total. Remove to glass baking dish.
- Add onion and mushrooms to pan; cook and stir until tender. Add Alfredo sauce, sherry, and cream and bring to a simmer.
- Pour this mixture over the chops. Bake for 15 to 25 minutes until the chops register 155°F. Let stand for 5 minutes, then serve.