Baked Pork Chops with Sauerkraut Salad
These easy baked pork chops are topped with a light and refreshing salad that pairs tangy citrus with sauerkraut.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 (1” thick) boneless pork chops
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup Shredded Sauerkraut
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and sliced with a peeler
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Over each pork chop, rub 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt, pepper and paprika. Arrange pork chops on prepared baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine sauerkraut, fennel, orange, green onions, orange juice and dill. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve sauerkraut salad over pork chops.