Baked Ravioli with Sausage and Mushrooms
This dish is just as comforting as lasagna, but it comes together much more quickly. You can use any flavor of ravioli you like for this recipe, so let your imagination run wild!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pint sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
- 2 packages (9 oz.) fresh ravioli
- 4 fully-cooked Italian link sausages (12 oz.), sliced
- 8 oz. shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, about 1 to 2 minutes, add mushrooms and onion. Cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms and onions are tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add the marinara sauce. Stir to combine, then set aside.
- In a large stockpot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add the ravioli and cook for 3 minutes, then drain into a colander and rinse with cool water. Set aside.
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spread 1⁄3 of the marinara mixture on the bottom of the pan. Lay half the ravioli into the pan, top with the sliced sausage, half the shredded cheese, and 1⁄3 of the sauce. Top with the remaining ravioli, sauce, and top with the reserved cheese.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 25 minutes, then uncover and bake for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling around the edges and the cheese is melted and lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.