Baked Rice with Peppers and Olives
Slide this dish into the oven as you start cooking dinner, and you’ll have a hot and savory side dish when you’re ready to sit down. You can also switch out the peppers for another vegetable or mushrooms.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced kalamata olives
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium casserole dish, combine rice, bell peppers, and oil. Toss to coat rice and peppers in oil.
- Stir in stock and season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed by rice. Remove from oven, cool slightly, and stir in diced olives. Serve warm.