Baked Risotto with Seafood
This is perfect for a dinner party where you want to impress your guests but don’t want to spend all day making the risotto.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. saffron threads
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. Marsala wine
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a cast-iron or ovenproof skillet over medium heat, heat the oil and butter. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until softened for 2–3 minutes. Add salt, pepper, rosemary, saffron, and rice, and mix to cover the rice with the oil. Add the broth, cover tightly, and place in the oven.
- After the rice has cooked for 10 minutes, add the Marsala or sherry wine. Return to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes. Add the shrimp or other seafood and continue to bake for 7 minutes more. Uncover and serve.