Baked Salmon and Eggs
Use a good-quality salmon for this recipe. Instead of lox, use thin slices from whole sides of cured salmon.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 slices smoked salmon (about 4 oz. total)
- 4 large eggs
- Seasoned salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 4 ramekins with the salmon slices and crack an egg into each. Season with salt and pepper. Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, mix together the crème fraîche and chopped dill in a small bowl. Place equal portions of the dill mixture on top of the egg in each ramekin.
- Place the ramekins in a baking dish or roasting pan and pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the whites are set and the yolks are cooked but still tremble when lightly shaken. Remove from water bath and place on serving plates. Garnish with chopped chives. Serve hot.