Baked Salmon with Horseradish Sauce
This is a very festive and delicious way to prepare salmon. The use of a cedar is reminiscent of Native American cooking.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cedar plank
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3 1⁄2 lbs. boneless salmon cut into fillets
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp. horseradish
- Preheat grill. Soak the plank in water for 30 minutes.
- Lightly oil the side of the plank on which the salmon will lay. Set the salmon on the plank. Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Place the plank over indirect heat on a hot grill and close lid. Roast for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the salmon begins to flake.
- Mix mayonnaise, dill, and horseradish in a small bowl. Spread sauce over the fillets before serving.