Baked Southwestern Nachos
To keep these nachos light, baked chips are a must—but try switching out the remaining ingredients: different types of cheeses, beans or fat-free refried beans, pulled pork, chicken, spicy salsa.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 bag baked tortilla chips
- ½ cup low-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup low-fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup salsa
- Preheat the broiler. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chips in a single layer on baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, and vinegar. Mix well. Spread this mixture evenly on top of chips.
- Sprinkle cheeses evenly on top of tomato mixture.
- Place the baking sheet in the broiler. Broil until the cheese melts (about 2 minutes—watch carefully).
- Using a spatula, place nachos on a serving platter. Serve immediately with salsa.