Baked Spinach and Pea Risotto
There’s something magical about the combination of tastes and textures in this risotto. The wine, broth, and cheese lend so much flavor, and the creaminess keeps you coming back for more. For those concerned about the sodium in the cheese, eliminate it altogether.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place a Dutch oven or similar lidded casserole pan over medium-high heat. Add the butter. Once melted, add the shallot and black pepper and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook, stirring, until almost evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the broth and rice and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover the pot and transfer to the middle rack in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, until rice is tender and creamy.
- Remove from oven. Add the peas, spinach, and Parmesan and stir well to combine. Season with crushed red pepper. Serve immediately.