Baked Spinach Tart
Popeye loved his spinach from a can, but you will love it fresh with its bright flavor and color.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 deep-dish pie shell (9") unbaked
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat the eggs until foamy. Stir in the yogurt, feta cheese, mozzarella cheese, spinach, and onions, mixing well until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the pie shell and push the tomatoes into the top of the mixture.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the mixture is firm to the touch. Let it cool slightly before slicing and serving.