Baked Stuffed Cherrystone Clams
Try to use fresh clams rather than canned in this dish. Once you do, you’ll never go back to canned! Cherrystone clams are hard-shell quahogs and are generally 2
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 fresh cherrystone clams, well-scrubbed and opened, meat removed
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 slices whole-grain wheat bread, toasted and crumbled
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. dried dill
- 2 tsp. parsley flakes
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Place opened shells on a baking sheet.
- Place the clam meat and the rest of the ingredients in the food processor or blender and pulse until mixed but not puréed.
- Spoon the stuffing into the shells. Sprinkle with paprika and bake for about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.