Baked Stuffed Clams
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 fresh cherrystone clams, well scrubbed and opened, meat removed
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 slices whole-grain wheat bread, toasted and crumbled
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried dill
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the clam shells on a baking sheet.
- Place the clam meat and the rest of the ingredients (excluding the paprika and lemon slices) in a food processor or blender and pulse until mixed but not puréed.
- Spoon the stuffing into the clamshells and top with paprika. Bake for about 20 minutes. Serve immediately with lemon slices.