Baked Stuffed Mushrooms
This makes a delicious side, appetizer, or luncheon entrée. Salt and pepper have been omitted because the pepperoni has plenty of both.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 white or brown mushrooms
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 4 shallots, minced
- 4 sprigs Italian flat-leaf parsley, stemmed and chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup minced pepperoni sausage
- 3 Tbsp. chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Chop stems and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium flame. Stir in the garlic, celery, shallots, parsley, and oregano. Cook, stirring constantly. Add the chopped mushroom stems. Remove from heat and stir in breadcrumbs, cheese, pepperoni, and broth.
- Pile stuffing into the mushroom caps, about 1 heaping tablespoon of filling per mushroom, and bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.