Baked Stuffed Tomatoes with Herbs and Cashews
This is a delicious twist on baked, stuffed tomatoes. It’s easy and a very surprising combination of textures and flavors.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 ripe, medium-sized tomatoes
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and minced
- ½ cup finely chopped cashews
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking pan with parchment paper or nonstick spray. Cut the tops off the tomatoes and remove seeds and pulp with a melon ball maker or grapefruit spoon.
- Arrange the tomatoes on the baking sheet. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium flame.
- Add the ingredients listed one by one. Cook for 4–5 minutes and then pile into tomato shells.
- Bake for 40 minutes.