Baked Stuffed Zucchini
Zucchini stuffed with a meat sauce and topped with cheese makes a satisfying low-carb meal. If you like, run the dish under a broiler for a few minutes to brown the cheese before serving.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. black pepper
- 6 oz. ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Set oven rack at upper-middle position and turn broiler to high.
- Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, remove seeds from zucchini halves, creating a hollow center.
- Rub zucchini with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place on a baking sheet with open side facing up. Broil for 8 minutes or until zucchini are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in a medium pan over medium heat until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Stir in marinara sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove zucchini from oven and transfer to a platter. Top with ground beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.