Baked Sweet Potatoes with Apple
This tasty side dish goes very well with smoked meats or other salty main dishes.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 medium apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup apple cider
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a large baking dish with the oil.
- Spread a layer of the apples and then a layer of the sweet potatoes in the prepared dish. Dot with pats of butter and sprinkle with brown sugar. Pour the apple cider over the top.
- Cover and bake 1 hour. Serve hot.