Baked Tofu and Vegetables
Delicious sesame, sweet bok choy, and tofu make for a healthy dish and a happy tummy.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 packages (14 oz.) extra-firm tofu, pressed between paper towels and patted dry
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 1⁄2 Tbsp. gluten-free soy sauce (tamari), divided
- 8 cups chopped bok choy (about 8 stalks)
- 8 scallions, diced, green part only
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut tofu into 1-inch pieces and toss in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 2 tablespoons soy sauce.
- Spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake tofu on lower rack of oven. Bake until browned, 25 to 30 minutes, flipping once.
- While tofu is baking, heat a large skillet on medium-high and coat with 1 tablespoon sesame oil.
- Add bok choy, scallions, bell pepper, cashews, remaining 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce, and vinegar. Cook until bok choy is slightly tender, stirring frequently. Place in same bowl used to prepare tofu.
- Once tofu is ready, add to vegetables in bowl and stir until combined. Divide into 4 bowls and serve.