Baked Tomatoes with Garlic
Baked tomatoes become tender and juicy, with an intensely sweet taste. Garlic and cheese are good companions in this easy recipe.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 6 Tbsp. dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 medium plum tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In small bowl, combine garlic, basil, breadcrumbs, pepper, and Fontina and mix well. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and arrange tomatoes on top. Top with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until tomatoes are tender and hot and the topping is golden brown. Serve immediately.