Baked Tortellini Casserole
Who can resist pasta? This cheese filled tortellini bake will have your friends forgetting the game and cheering for more!
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 package (24 oz.) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 3½ cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a large casserole dish with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté beef, onion, and garlic in butter until meat is no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in tortellini and half of mozzarella cheese. Transfer to casserole dish and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Cover dish with foil and bake 30 minutes. Serve hot.