Baked Tuna Cakes
Tuna cakes are a moist and healthy twist on crab cakes, accented with veggies and a crisp oven-fried crust.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 cans (5 oz.) no-salt-added tuna, in water
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 small stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup salt-free breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. salt-free mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. dried dill
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. ground rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet lightly with oil and set aside. Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl and set aside
- Drain the tuna and place in a mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Shape mixture into 4 equal patties, coat with bread crumbs, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet on middle rack in oven and bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven, gently flip, and bake 5 minutes more. Remove from oven and serve immediately.