Baked Turkey Tetrazzini
Tetrazzini is a classic dish that combines a flavorful cheese sauce with pasta and meat. Make it with leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 package (8 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup shredded low-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add flour, salt, pepper, and thyme and stir until well blended. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly with a wire whisk. Add lemon juice, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling water until almost al dente according to package directions. Meanwhile, add Swiss cheese, bell pepper, and scallions to the mushroom sauce and mix well.
- Drain spaghetti and add with turkey to mushroom sauce, mixing well. Transfer to prepared baking dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake casserole, uncovered, until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.