Baked Two Cheese Bow Tie Pasta
This hearty dish combines tomato sauce, bow tie pasta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) whole tomatoes in tomato puree, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Granulated Sugar
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Simple Truth Organic™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until cooked but still firm to bite. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic for a minute; add tomatoes, oregano and sugar. Bring sauce mixture to a boil, reduce to a simmer until slightly thickened, 6 to 7 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta to the saucepan, add half of the mozzarella and toss to combine. Transfer to 8” x 8” baking dish coated with cooking spray and top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake until bubbly and the top is golden, 10-15 minutes.