Baked Vegetable Egg Rolls
Spring roll wrappers are thinner than egg roll wrappers, allowing them to bake and crisp in the short baking time.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 Tbsp. grated gingerroot
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 3 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 16 spring roll wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add cabbage and gingerroot; stir-fry until vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro, soy sauce, carrot, peas, and hoisin sauce. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Arrange spring roll wrappers on work surface. Place two tablespoons of the filling on a wrapper. Brush the edges with water and roll up, folding in sides to enclose filling. Brush with a bit of olive oil and place on baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn and bake for 10 minutes or until rolls are browned and crisp. Cool and cut in half to serve.