Baked Wild Rice
Wild rice is a delicious alternative to regular white rice. This recipe calls for more water than usual for rice, because more liquid is needed to cook wild rice than white rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 1 cup black wild rice
- 2 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a medium baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion and celery until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the wild rice and sauté 3 minutes. Pour the rice mixture into the prepared baking dish. Add the broth, thyme, salt, and pepper; stir to incorporate.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.