Baked ziti is an Italian-American version of a traditional pasta al forno. For a very browned and crisp topping, place baked ziti under a broiler for about 3 to 5 minutes after the casserole has fully baked, keeping an eye on it to be sure it doesn't burn.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ziti
- 1⁄2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 lb. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 lb. part-skim mozzarella, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- Prepare ziti al dente according to package directions; drain, rinse, and toss with olive oil.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with half of the marinara sauce. Distribute half of the cooked ziti into the pan. Distribute the ricotta by the tablespoonful onto the ziti and then sprinkle on half of the shredded cheese. Layer on the remaining ziti. Cover the top with the remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown. Let sit for 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley before serving.