Bakery-Style Chocolate Chip Cookies
These chocolate chip cookies bake up into beautifully large and chewy confections. No one will believe they are naturally sugar-free! Add
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 1½ cups melted and cooled butter
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 cup powdered honey
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 4¾ cups spelt flour, divided
- 2 cups sugar-free semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In an electric mixer, combine the butter with the coconut sugar and honey powder. Add baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Add the eggs and egg yolk one at a time.
- Add 4 cups flour, then add the last ¾ cup with the chocolate chips. Mix until just combined. The dough should be smooth and shiny but not sticky. Add an extra tablespoon or two of flour to the dough if it is too sticky.
- Scoop out cookies with a large ice cream scoop and place on baking sheets 3" apart.
- Bake cookies 9 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature or freeze for up to 6 weeks.