Balsamic-Glazed Meat Loaf
Elevate your dinner classic with perfectly-seasoned potatoes and a tantalizing balsamic glaze!
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hour 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Private Selection™ Paprika, divided
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 10 tablespoons Private Selection™ Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, divided
- Salt, for seasoning
- Pepper, for seasoning
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Private Selection™ Petite Potatoes with Herbes de Provence, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Strip thyme leaves off stalk and finely chop. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine beef, onion, bread crumbs, parsley, thyme, 2 tablespoons paprika, garlic powder, eggs, 4 tablespoons ketchup, 4 tablespoons vinegar, salt and pepper. (Be careful not to over-mix as this can cause overly dense meatloaf.) Transfer mixture into a 9”x5” loaf pan.
- To make the glaze, mix 6 tablespoons vinegar, 2 tablespoons paprika, 2 tablespoons ketchup and brown sugar. Drizzle glaze over the meatloaf and evenly coat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour (safe internal temp. 160°F).
- While meatloaf is cooling, prepare the Private Selection™ Petite Potatoes with Herbes de Provence according to package directions. Slice and serve meatloaf alongside potatoes. Enjoy, refrigerating any leftovers.