Balsamic Mushroom Skewers
Marinated mushrooms become plump and perfect morsels of deliciousness that you can display skewered or in a simple setup of a bowl alongside handy toothpicks. However you choose to serve them, these mushrooms are a great tangy treat sure to be enjoyed!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. whole baby portobello mushrooms
- 1½ cups balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup organic apple juice, not from concentrate
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- Wipe the portobello mushrooms clean of dirt and debris with a cloth or paper towel. Pierce the mushroomsʼ skin with a fork about 4 times per cap.
- In a shallow mixing dish, combine the balsamic vinegar, apple juice, garlic, and 1 teaspoon of salt, and mix well. Submerge the mushrooms in the balsamic mixture, and cover with a piece of plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about 2–4 hours, removing every 30 minutes to shake the bowl and turn the mushrooms.
- Remove the mushrooms and skewer immediately. Sprinkle with back pepper.
- Prepare a grill to medium heat and spray the grates with olive oil spray. Set the mushrooms on the grill and sprinkle lightly with the salt. Cook for about 5–7 minutes, or until cooked through. Turn, sprinkle with remaining salt, and continue to cook until browned all over. Remove from heat, serve on the skewers.