Balsamic Quinoa Salad with Sweet Peppers and Feta Cheese
This salad is best prepared the night before because the quinoa soaks up the dressing wonderfully.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ medium red onion, minced
- ½ large cucumber, chopped
- 1 container (6 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- Cook the quinoa according to instructions on the box. Place in large bowl when it is completely cooked. Add the chickpeas, peppers, onion, cucumber, and feta to the quinoa as it is cooling off and mix well.
- Add salad dressing and mix to combine. Chill for 4 hours before serving.