Balsamic Salmon Burgers
These elegant, flavor-packed burgers are glazed with a sweet-and-tangy balsamic sauce and perfect for backyard barbecues.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup Balsamic Vinegar, plus 3 Tbsp., divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard plus 4 tsp., divided
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- 2⁄3 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1⁄4 cup shallots, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 large egg
- Arugula or escarole leaves
- 4 brioche buns, split
- To make glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard.
- Coat grill grate with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- To make burgers, in a food processor, combine salmon, panko, shallots, 3 tablespoons vinegar, parsley, 4 teaspoons mustard and egg. Pulse just until salmon is finely chopped. Form mixture into 6 patties.
- Grill patties 5 minutes; brush surface with glaze; turn over. Grill 3 minutes; brush surface with glaze and turn over again. Grill 3 minutes longer until heated through and internal temperature of patty is 145°F.
- Serve burgers topped with arugula in buns.